09 September 2007

Dignan... Why?

When I heard the news that Owen Wilson tried to kill himself, I was extremely sad. He went through with it. He actually committed the act.

Sure, I do not know what he is going through and I probably never will. Ultimate fame and fortune for being both a great comedy actor and writer. With movies coming out left and right, and a schedule which is probably just insane, where does a person go to just reflect? He has these romances with famous women.

He portrays that dark side of himself in movies. In the Royal Tenenbaums the character that Luke Wilson plays slashes his own wrists, but somehow still survives. Does life imitate art? Owen's character has a drug problem and runs away from everyone literally. How can these scenes within movies not be a cry for help?

I hope he is okay. I hope he can change enough to have a specific direction to help him be happy and able to enjoy his success. He has gone that successful Hollywood road and now he knows that it is empty. Let's hope he finds the meaning he needs to and love.

No comments: