19 October 2007

Then my tauntaun will see you in hell!

My friend at work, B, and I quote Star Wars pretty much all day. I told B yesterday that his lines were sounding a little wooden and were not matching up to the proper emphasis that was used in the movie. So we had a little practice session.

+ You must learn the ways of the force if you are to come with me to Alderaan.
- Alderaan? I'm not going to Alderaan. I'm in for it as it is.
+ She needs your help, Luke. I need your help. I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.

So each day B makes me laugh with some quote interjected into everyday conversation. Like, when L asks us to go to lunch with him and I am mulling it over since I brought my own lunch... "You must do what you feel is right, of course."

Or when M is not in his cubicle, you will hear "TK421, why aren't you at your post?"

Actually, these examples make a little too much sense. Usually when B does it, there is no context at all. We will be in a meeting with other people in the company and from out of nowhere he will say: "And now your highness. We will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base." Or "...heaaa you will be. You will be." Or while tapping his notebook "You want thissss."

No comments: