02 September 2008

Outwit Outlast Take It Out

My wife and I play this game. It is kind of like Survivor, only instead of trying to be the longest one to last on the island, we are battling it out to be the longest one to last without emptying the bathroom trash. It is pretty competitive. It can stack up pretty high and because it is situated in the corner sort of wedged in between the sink cabinet and the toilet, more stuff can pile up.

I seem to remember this as being a very similar war with roommates. Little did I ever think it would continue. I remember seeing guys in one apartment who bought a gigantic outside-style garbage can. That seemed like a pretty good idea. I guess the only issue was that they did not have a lid.

My wife and I are not trying to be disgusting. If I am out in the kitchen and I see a full trash can in the pantry, no problem.

I think it comes down to this. The only time I see that trash can in the bathroom is when I am naked. And that is not the best time to go prancing around the house. That is definitely not good naked. When I am just getting out of the shower, my hands are clean. I don't want to get floss and tissues and cotton balls all over my hands (and who knows what else?) as I tie it up and take it out.

Really, it just comes down to what is in my line of vision and when. I think this probably goes for my wife too. I want to take out the trash in all the trash cans. I also want to clean all the bathrooms and pull weeds in the yard. It would be nice to dust more often and take the dog for more walks. But, let's be reasonable. We can't do everything we want...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we have this game going here too. Only it extends to cleaning the bathroom as well. My excuse is I can't get the cleaners out while the kids are awake because they might be poisened and then after there asleep...I'm too tired. Jeff always ends up cleaning the bathroom and taking out the trash and our bathroom is usually pretty clean.

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

excuses excuses! love the observations tho... hilarious!
xoxxo cousin courtney