23 February 2009

Doodie!!!

I did not really grow up going to a public pool. We went to my Grandparents' house. They had a pool and a trampoline and a big yard with old beat up cars in it. They had olive trees and 7-Eleven was across the street. The baseball park was next door. We only had to share the pool with a couple other kids. And many times we had friends come over. So, we were really spoiled.

So, the idea of a public pool is a little foreign to me. The most public I got was going to the beach. If we had to go to the bathroom, we were told to go out in the water. You can't really do that in a public pool. Of course, lots of kids were doing it last year. So much so that they had to close many of them down to clean it all out and keep everyone from getting sick.

I can still see that a public pool is fun and I will make the best of it for my little family, but boy! There is nothing like that memory of having a pool to go to all summer long. I can still picture it. Its size. Its shape. I had to clean it in later years. But it was a great swimming pool. That was a great house. I could go on and on about that place. Maybe I will dream about it tonight.

2 comments:

Fortuna Watt said...

I love when I dream about the house. I wake up feeling like I've been given a vision to strengthen me. We were so lucky! Oh and at the beach, we could always go into the Grandparents beach house, just up the court, to use the bathroom. More proof we were pretty lucky kids

Terence said...

"It's no big deal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PmMFaVzbzc