01 March 2018

Sleeping In My Clothes



There are lots of good reasons for sleeping in my clothes. Maybe I was trying to stay up all night watching tv or reading a book. Maybe I was out partying all night long. Or I could have been out helping Doc Brown with one of his time travel experiments. Perhaps I was out keeping a friend company all night. Or trying to pass a level on River Raid. Or just lost track of time. Whoa! There's time again.


But is there a really good excuse for doing it twice in one week? And sleeping in my bed in my street clothes? Under the covers even? With my belt on and socks? Not having brushed my teeth... Gross!

I was cold...

It is times like this when I feel like a failure. What am I doing wrong? How hard is it to change into pajamas and brush my teeth?

Perhaps there is a feeling inside that I am getting away with something. It is like I am ten years old and I am defying my parents. Ha ha! I got you. I went to bed without doing what I am supposed to. They would look at me with disappointment, but I would have this sort of self-satisfaction. I am sticking it to the man! Who says I have to obey the norms of society? Who was it that decided we had to sleep in comfy clothes and have fresh breath? In the morning, it's not fresh anyway.

In fact, I think I should start a new club. We could be the Clothes Sleepers. Meetings each week. We talk about how we ended up in there. What amazing circumstances led us to this feat. Post pictures on Instagram and Facebook. #ClothesSleepers.

I have to draw the line though on shoes. No shoes in bed. I do have my standards...


No comments: