17 November 2008

So hipp

So I found a new way to waste my time... Facebook! Actually, I got pressured into it by my peers. B and S (in that order) made fun of me for not being with it and having a facebook account. Then, they mocked me for writing in a blog.

This is what I have to say to all you out there who have to have the latest and greatest everything. You don't.

You don't have the latest and greatest. You bought something that went out of style five minutes after you bought it. You downloaded something that was out of date before it finished downloading. You are constantly swimming upstream not enjoying the nice, old canoe you are towing with a rope.

I know my tv is outdated. So is my computer. Our truck and car. Our dvd player. And our dvd's. My wallet is outdated. My iphone is outdated. I read from books and I keep my receipts. I have not bought a new cd in over a year.

So, here I lament writing in my blog, feeling so out of touch and behind the times. Ha! I feel vindicated writing in here, because when it comes right down to it, this is where I express myself. Oh, that I had an old fashioned typewriter and could pound on the keys in my loud house.

No comments: