08 January 2009

Snow Is a Winner

Snow has a way of beating me. It snows. I shovel. It snows again. I shovel again. Then, it snows a third time and somehow, I am busy, so I do not get to it. Then, we drive over it. And it is all over. Snow has won.

My intention at the beginning is to keep up. I watch for the snow and brave it at all hours. I found myself shovelling while it was still snowing one day. We even had neighbors help out, but the snow just keeps coming. It has to win.

And, of course, we used up all of our rock salt right away. So there the snow is piling up on our porch. Then, it melts and later freezes back up. Snow is such a baby. if it does not win, it cries more snow.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How else are you going to get your exercise in that freezer of a place you are living?

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

Snow is the winner . . . and especially this year!! I have to say I love this winter wonderland!

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

I must add . . . I am not the one out there shoveling . . . Andrew is!

Deb said...

Amen!