10 July 2016

Correction Collection Connection

I want a collection of something interesting!  I have a friend who used to collect PEZ dispensers.  My sister used to collect back issues of X-Men comic books. My Grandma collects Barbies and succulents. My Dad collected baseball cards and Mad Magazines.

I actually have something that I collect which is not very interesting, but I have sort of made it my thing.  There is this store called Pop N Sweets and they have quite a lot of different styles of Root Beer.  Tons of different labels.  So as I try out the different brands, I save the bottles.



Most of them are good.  As long as they taste like A&W or Dads or Barq's they generally pass the standard taste test.  It is the ones that deviate that are the most fun.  Having one that tastes like honey has been interesting.  Or having a heavy foam is unique.  Some are really dry which is cool.  I love the variety. 

I really dig some of the labels.  Dark bottle seems to be the way to go.  They typically have good names and a real traditional feel to them.  

So where do I display this collection of Root Beer?  At work.  In my cubicle along the top of the wall, there is glass on one end and a little shelf on the other.  My side has the shelf.  

I still do not really have that many, maybe 20.  But growing up, I never knew there were so many brands.  I knew about Dads, A&W, Mug, Barq's, IBC.  Those were pretty much it.  Now I see Route 66, Cap'n Eli's, Frostop, Dog n Suds, Capone, etc.

I realize this is incredibly nerdy, childish, prudish, just everything imaginable.  I am practically totally embarrassed to have it up there.  It labels me as such a dork.  I could see walking by some other guy's cubicle with this arrangement and asking this question:

Does he think that having a bunch of Root Beer bottles somehow makes him original and cool?

All I can answer to that is that I love Root Beer, collections are fun and I didn't have a place at home to display it without it looking really tacky....


No comments: