18 July 2016

Who Says I Can't Accessorize?

Where I work has this rule about wearing lanyards.  If we work there, we must wear a light green lanyard around our necks.  It is not a comfortable lanyard.  Sure, if I have a collared shirt, it is okay, but I am a developer.  We wear T-Shirts.  Geek T-Shirts even.

My wife made me an awesome lanyard.  Dark blue.  Star Wars material on the front sewn on.  To top it off, she put in a pen holder.  It is comfortable on my neck.  I absolutely love it.  


I started wearing this new lanyard instead of the company one.  They were so jealous of my new lanyard.  They start noticing my disobedience.  I get brought up in meetings.  They know me by name.  The guy with the cool Star Wars lanyard is making trouble.  I try to defy them, but the pressure gets pretty high.

What do I do?  I have to think of something.  How do I make everyone happy including myself?

Then, it hits me.  At Mardi Gras, does one only wear one set of beads?  No.  They wear as many as they can... to celebrate!

So I wear them both.  One to make them happy.  One to make me happy.  And both to make someone in charge think:  "Are you kidding me?!  Now we have to come up with an additional rule stating that only one color lanyard can be worn at a time and it has to be the chosen color?"  

I am keeping my lanyards crossed that this does not happen...

No comments: