17 February 2014

A State of Unrest Room


It is kind of strange to be in the restroom at work and have people come in talking very loudly.  I am there to take care of something which is hopefully quiet and personal.  But suddenly a voice comes blaring out.   In a rare instance, they are talking to someone in the urinal next to them and if it ever happens to be me, I can see myself quoting Westley in The Princess Bride as he is scrambling up the cliff:

"I don't mean to be rude, but this is not as easy as it looks"

But more often than not, the loud voice is because the person is on their cell phone.  Now, those microphones are really good on cell phones, so the person on the other end has to know that the guy is in the crapper.  It is an echoey sound.  One can hear toilets flush.  Grunting.  The other sounds.  There is no amount of comfortableness as this happens.

I really cannot believe that people do this.  A Saturday Night Live skit at best.  

And, I would like to think that if I was on the other line with the guy, I would just hang up.

+ "... my family was with me on the strip in Las Vegas!  And you know what that's like..."
- "Yes.  It's not a place for your family for sure.  I can't imagine..."
+ "And I was was was being handed handed handed..."
- "Hey, it sounds like you are kind of busy.  Why don't you call me back?"
+ "Oh no Oh no Oh no!  I'm fine fine fine! Let me continue this story story story."
-"It looks like I have another call coming through.  I gotta take it."
+ "I didn't hear anything thing thing."
- "Okay, fine!  You left me no choice!  You're taking a dump!  I can hear the others in there!  Just call me back!  Have some courtesy!  Wait a minute!  What am I saying?!  Don't call me ever again!  I don't care what you're selling! We don't do business with people who don't know when to hang up their phones..."


No comments: