24 February 2014

Half a Sheet Proves Nothing


So who decided that half a sheet of paper towel is all that is needed now?  I miss the bigger piece.  And don't tell me that I should just get two of the half sheets now to make one.  I want the square piece.  If I wanted to tear that in half, I could, but I liked being able to do more things with my paper towel.  

In fact, it felt more like an actual towel.  What do they call them now?  Paper strips?  Long napkins?  Bookmarks?

When they said: "Bounty, the quicker-picker-upper!  Half a sheet'll prove it!" they did not mean for the makers to take that literally.  Now, a half a sheet is a full sheet.  What are we going to do with this new half sheet full sheet dumb sheet?

Our obsessive nature is going to cause us to pull five times as much off the roll because now we are being short-changed too much.  Our brains cannot fathom this new non-towel, toilet paper sized strip of napkin.  If we wanted to use napkins to clean up our mess, we would use them.  We want something industrial-sized.

I also liked the idea of the original paper towel square being too big.  I felt confident that it would be enough.  And, I was well aware that I was wasting paper and trees.  But so what!  Come on!  The whole idea of having paper towels is a total waste.  If I wanted to conserve paper, I would use a regular cloth towel.  No!  I am conscientiously wasting trees.  I recognize that.  I am guilty of that.  

Don't try and soften the blow by giving me these thin strips of bacon sized paper towels!  I want the full sized two-ply sheets with the silly embroidery on them.  I want to know that if we are short on blankets in our house, that we can resort to our paper towels to keep us warm.

No comments: