02 February 2008

Yeah, They're Hicks, Rita


I have been looking forward all day long to watching Groundhog Day. I have been working online and on the room hoping that later I could finally watch one of the greatest movies of all time. So I came downstairs, turned on the tv and went to the dvd shelf to find my copy of Punxsatawney Phil and it is not there. I am racking my brains and I can only think of one place... W and D's.


There goes another Groundhog Day without watching "Hey Phil! Hey Phil! I thought that was you... Don't tell me you don't remember 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you. Ned! Ryerson! Needlenose Ned! Ned the Head! Come on, buddy..."


It is weird to feel that helpless disappointment. Kind of like jumping in the shower and having only cold water or waking up each morning to "I Got You, Babe".

3 comments:

Fortuna Watt said...

I just read a review of 10 terrible romantic movies. For Four Weddings and a Funeral, he reviewed to Andie McDowell as "the woman who almost ruined Groundhog Day". "I always drink to world peace".

Terence said...

I totally agree with the review fortuna quotes. She is the only reason why I cannot stomach watching that movie again. It is such a shame. Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't someone create a service like CleanFlicks, but instead of removing the "offensive" swear words, removes the offensive actors and replaces them instead. Now that kind of censorship I could support!

smish said...

I feel the same disappointment every Halloween when I want to watch, "they're coming to get you, Barbara" and it's nowhere to be found.