23 April 2008

A Conversation

Father: Son, we need to talk.
Son: Yes, Dad.
Father: I have a request. No pressure.
Son: Of course, Dad. What's up?
Father: I really like what you are doing. I am very pleased with your attitude.
Son: Dad, spit it out!
Father: Well, it is just that you don't seem to be sleeping very much.
Son: Yeah, I know. I think it is a phase I am going through.
Father: Mom and I are very concerned.
Son: About me?
Father: Well... no. Not exactly. We are more concerned about ourselves.
Son: I can understand that.
Father: It is just that if you don't sleep, we don't sleep.
Son: I think I am getting plenty of sleep.
Father: Oh, absolutely. I have no doubt of that. It is just the timing of it.
Son: I don't know what to say, Dad. I sleep when I am tired. You do the same.
Father: I know. I know.
Son: Dad, this sounds like a problem you and Mom need to work out. I will do what I can, but I think there is not much I can do. Yawn...

No comments: