14 April 2008

The Never-Ending Metaphor

The new roommate has moved in and he brought his Grandma with him. She is helping him with all the things he cannot do himself. And, she is helping fill in the void where his parents fall short.

He certainly has a lot of charm. Everyone that sees him is a big fan. I just don't understand how someone can do so little and be so popular. I have had roommates like this before. The fact that they existed was all girls needed in order to have crushes on them. There goes my jealousy again.

He keeps sleeping all the time. We want him to eat more, but he dozes off. We have been sitting around with him when he fell asleep right in the middle of lunch.

He took a bath today... finally! Who is this guy going all that time without bathing? It does not seem to matter though. I thought he would at least go into the shower and do it, but no! He got up on the counter and displayed his nakedness to everyone in the house.

I really do like him though. We talk all the time. Actually, I do most of the talking. He is a great listener. He is not judgmental at all. Sometimes you get roommates who are so full of themselves. Not him. His name is D and I recommend meeting him. He will change your life as he has mine.

2 comments:

Evan said...

I bet all he does is eat and poop, the nerve of some roommates! Next he'll be asking you to clean him up and it's not like you can say no.

Melissa said...

I remember the first night Nicky came home from the hospital and she invaded our room. I can remembering hearing the slurpy baby breathing and it was so weird to have someone else around. Good luck with the adjustment. I like the roommate metaphor. So true. Just hope he does dishes. I like this blog. It is like Silas' little notebook online. I think I will read this if you don't mind along with your other one.